Arts, Entertainment, Living
It's sort of hard to believe, but when I read the list below on Roots Music Report, it finally sunk in that 2010 is almost over. I suppose all those Christmas decorations should have been a hint.
For people like those of us here at BlueNotes World Headquarters, that means it's the time of the year to read all the "ten-best" lists that seem to be so popular, and maybe even write one of our own. You know -- the ten best movies, the ten best albums and of course, the much more useful ten best beers (we drank those without taking any notes).
But I found this list, which like many "best" lists, come out before the year is even over. We won't be guilty of such shoddy work here at BWH. In fact, we may not be guilty of any work at all, but that's another matter.
Anyway, this list is still interesting -- it's compiled by Roots Music Report, and reflects the blues albums that have received the most airplay worldwide -- regular and internet radio -- this year. I'm not sure what the Stones are doing on the list, but otherwise, it's not bad. There are a bunch of fine albums here, including the No. 1 spot.
- Pinetop Perkins / Willie 'Big Eyes' Smith – Joined At The Hip
- Eric Bibb - Booker's Guitar
- Janiva Magness - The Devil Is An Angel, Too
- Peter Karp / Sue Foley - He Said She Said
- The Holmes Brothers - Feed My Soul
- James Cotton - Giant
- Elvin Bishop - Red Dog Speaks
- Charlie Musselwhite - The Well
- Guitar Shorty - Bare Knuckle
- Magic Slim & The Teardrops - Raising The Bar
- Robin Rogers - Back In The Fire
- Little Joe McLerran - Believe I'll Make A Change
- John Nemeth - Name The Day!
- Buddy Guy - Living Proof
- Albert Castiglia - Keepin On
- Harrison Kennedy - One Dog Barkin'
- Various Artist - Things About Comin' My Way - A Tribute To The Music Of The Mississippi Sheiks
- Maria Muldaur & Her Garden Of Joy - Good Time Music For Hard Times
- The Rolling Stones. Get Yer Ya Ya's Out! 40Th Anniversary Box Set.
- Smokin' Joe Kubek & Bnois King - Have Blues, Will Travel
- Joe Louis Walker - Between A Rock And The Blues
- Moreland & Arbuckle - Flood
- Debbie Davies - Holdin' Court
- Tinsley Ellis - Speak No Evil
- Arsen Shomakhov - On The Move