Three blog posts ago I promised to talk about types of Indoor Cycling that can be done in the winter, but then we were interrupted by some of the most beautiful fall days I can ever remember and well… I had to respond to the “call”. I hope you…

Eating for Exercise

Tuesday, 14 October 2014 07:54 AM Written by
Diet and exercise always work well together. Whether you are trying to build muscle or lose weight, one without the other hinders results. When an athlete follows a structured exercise routine and fails to eat properly, optimum performance cannot exist. In competition, this is a tragedy. All the time and…

Really, I Wasn't Kidding - Roaring Run Rocks!

Sunday, 12 October 2014 06:42 AM Written by
Lest you think I was just finding something to chat about on my post last week, having taken my own recommendation to heart, I spent most of the day yesterday at the Roaring Run Watershed Area in Apollo.  As often as I've been there (and I've been going for many…

More Than a Finish Line

Thursday, 09 October 2014 04:25 PM Written by
  My father was a great man.  His love for life and respect for others was contagious for all around him.  He loved many things but the couple of things he was passionate about – Dubonnet, a sweet after dinner liquor, golf and his son – in no particular order…

This Fall Bike Ride Is A Definite Not-To-Miss

Monday, 06 October 2014 12:00 AM Written by
If you live in Pennsylvania, you know that the Fall season brings impressive color and brilliance to the landscape.  Add the excitement of the football season, baseball playoffs and hockey getting geared up and there is often a palpable higher level of energy abounding.  This fall, why not take some…
Keeping your cool. Grace under pressure. These familiar idioms describe states that most of us hope to achieve when faced with a stressful situation. So why do some people seem to possess the ability to stay calm and in control, no matter what is happening around them? Part of the…

Vexing Vocabulary: Exploring Energy

Tuesday, 30 September 2014 12:05 PM Written by
“I feel like I don’t have any energy. What can I eat to give me energy?” This is a quote I hear from new clients on a regular basis in my private practice. Being a Dietitian and self-cited mediator of information, what better way to answer this question then a…

Cycling Indoors Is A Good Thing

Monday, 29 September 2014 05:13 AM Written by
Don't get me wrong, I would not ride indoors if I could ride outside without regard to time and weather. This would be true 90% of the time.  However, the other 10% still represent the fact that there are certain things you can not do or certain methods of training…
Page 1 of 5